For questions and orders call Gilbert @ (320) 492-7643

Your Food Journey Principles

April 29, 2021

Does it Seem Like Every Food Choice You Make is Poisoning You?

“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form
of medicine or the slowest form of poison.”
-Ann Wigmore

    When you resolved to be healthy, did you go to the store and shop the edges like you were advised to? Picking up veggies, fruits, and meat you feel empowered that you are finally gaining control of your health. All those years of chronic fatigue, pain, and lack of energy will soon be behind you. You are going to positively influence your family's health.
     
    When you arrive home you begin cooking up your new array of foods. Meanwhile, you do some dutiful research on your recent purchase. You soon get a bad feeling the more you research. It has come from big corporations that have saturated your food with chemicals, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, and so on.  Do you feel like you have fallen prey to their false marketing claims and labels...AGAIN?

   My wife and I seem to hit these disappointing dead ends all the time in our food journey. Looking back I've begun to realized a couple food principles that are encouraging and help us decide whether or not the food we are choosing to buy is ACTUALLY high quality.

Food Journey Principles 

1.Your Food Journey is a "Journey" ~ You will achieve health through a long series of choices. Realize there are different steps in achieving health. An apple from Kroger is better than an apple pie at McDonalds. An apple picked that morning from an local orchard is better than the one from Kroger. 

2. The 80/20 Rule ~ If you eat healthy 80% of the time and you are lax the other 20% you can sustainably maintain your health. With how diminished the health standard is it seems it's impossible to maintain your health when you go to social events. Instead of getting discouraged and giving up, realize that as long as the majority of your food choices are good you will continue upward in your food journey.  

3. Shake the Hand that Feeds You ~ Know the farmer who produces your food and know what practices they use. This builds transparency and accountability that results in a quality product vs hiding behind a label and closed doors.

What struggles do you face in your food Journey? Comment below...

Gilbert Ruegemer

New Baby Chicks

Apr 18th, 2021 Read more...

Issues with the Food Industry

Mar 12th, 2021 Read more...